Are you our new dynamic and versatile communications creator? Our team is working hard to build the foundations of a sustainable society and is looking for a communications all-star (Medior/Senior). We seek someone who writes, publishes, and helps to put our name out there in press and social media. Are you engaged with the subject of (systemic) sustainability? Are you hands-on to produce content, and flexible in your writing style for accurate, flowing, and effective communication? Do you have excellent communication skills in English (and preferably Dutch), and a knack for social media and writing articles? Are you committed to being a force for good in the world? Then we’d love you to join our team, for 4 days a week in Utrecht, with room to grow with us into the future.
We’re looking for communications experts, with at least 5 years of experience writing in English in similar areas. You’ll help further the development of our communications strategy, produce content, publish it, and manage the day-to-day tasks with a small group of colleagues. You write in the form of articles, social media posts, webpages, and newsletters, and publish them online in relevant media. You set up (online) events, help to host them, and manage the participants.
There's always plenty to do in trying to change the world, and you anticipate and take initiative. We're a thriving bunch, and there's never a dull moment here. Showing initiative, and being a creative and energetic problem-solver are highly appreciated. Being able to work independently is a must, with quick turnarounds and interacting daily with the team.
For this position, we’d especially like someone who enjoys exploring new ways we can express our passion on different media, as well as keeping up with sharing and tracking the happenings in our community. You bring a positive, can-do attitude, and always look for practical solutions. It helps if you have a network to publish articles, people you can connect with to place us in interviews, podcasts, newspapers, and other media.
- We're a team of sustainability pioneers... so you must love working green. Our subjects in systemic sustainability can be abstract, which need opening up to a broader audience in our comms.
- 5 years of experience, with writing examples in related subjects.
- You're an excellent communicator: you listen well, are patient, and love to learn. Your English writing and speaking skills are excellent.
- You love and have experience with organizing creative events.
- You're entrepreneurial, a go-getter with initiative, not afraid to try and fail, get up and try again.
- You know your way around computers, happy to work with Google Docs, and preferably have experience with Adobe InDesign.
- You are organized, on time, and meet deadlines.
Our offer to you
- Dynamic, visible role within a pioneering sustainability and design consultancy.
- Kind, witty, helpful colleagues with a wide-variety of backgrounds.
- Flexible working hours/days.
- Salary indication starting at 4 days/week: € 2700,= gross (bruto), excluding holiday pay (depends on experience)
- Public transport card and a phone budget.
- Ticket to our 3-day Introduction to Integrated Sustainability Training (when available COVID wise).
- Beautiful office space at UCo, a community for sustainability pioneers in Utrecht, which we may even be able to return to over the next half year.
How To Apply?
Send an email with your CV and 1 page A4 motivation in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to answer the questions on the 'work with us' page. We'll be looking carefully at the documents you send us, as a reflection on your writing skills and visual eye. The more creative, the better!
For some more background, read the ‘work with us’ section on our website on how we typically work. We look forward to receiving your application.
Except Integrated Sustainability is a sustainable development, design and innovation consultancy. We consist of a multi-disciplinary team of about 20 people and we are growing. Except delivers concepts and strategies for resilient, just, and inspiring cities, companies, and governance. We apply innovative systemic analysis, develop roadmaps towards resilience, and execute solutions with inspiring design. Together we bridge gaps between sectors to accelerate the frontier of sustainability, and create concepts that are realistic and feasible. We are a passionate, practical, and dynamic cooperative of entrepreneurs, known for our interdisciplinary and innovative approach.