You love looking at entire systems, dream about material and energy flows, and you eat your cornflakes with a healthy portion of data. You are the first to note that sustainability can't be looked at from an object level only. You want to put your skills to work and change the world around you. You speak the language of system maps.
We’re working on several projects in urban redevelopment, the food sector, and industrial transitions. We offer a full time position (0.8FTE) for experienced industrial ecologists (or those with a similar academic background), interested in working on integrated sustainable solutions from a scientific perspective. You need to be experienced in data analysis and, in particular, life cycle assessments.
In addition to this, the following is of importance:
- You have at least 5 years of experience as an industrial ecologist.
- You are comfortable working independently.
- You are creative, a team player, good at coordination, driven, and a go-getter.
- You can make a life cycle analysis in your sleep.
- You have experience with complex scientific data models, and know your way around a database.
- You have an affinity with food production systems, and the built environment.
- Your English writing and speaking skills are CEFR level C1 or higher. Mastering Dutch is a nice bonus.
- You are punctual, precise, and professional.
- You like to work on innovative, new approaches, and you are always excited to explore new things.
- You can start within the next month.
What we offer
- A dynamic and challenging position within a pioneering sustainability and design consultancy, where you will work together with an enthusiastic international team of multidisciplinary experts.
- Flexible working hours for a total of 32 hours per week (0.8 FTE), which equals a monthly salary of € 2772,= gross (bruto), excluding holiday pay.
- Public transport card and a phone budget.
- Free ticket to our 3-day Introduction to SiD Integrated Sustainability Training.
- Beautiful office space at UCo, a community for sustainability pioneers in Utrecht. We may actually be able to return there at some point in the future...
How to apply
When you apply, we need you to have read the entire "Work-with-us" page, and follow its instructions carefully. Fill out the questions set out on that web page to apply, supported by your CV and other documents. Also, let us know what programming languages or software you master.
Except Integrated Sustainability is a sustainable development, design and innovation consultancy. We consist of a multi-disciplinary team of about 20 people and we are growing. Except delivers concepts and strategies for resilient, just, and inspiring cities, companies, and governance. We apply innovative systemic analysis, develop roadmaps towards resilience, and execute solutions with inspiring design. Together we bridge gaps between sectors to accelerate the frontier of sustainability, and create concepts that are realistic and feasible. We are a passionate, practical, and dynamic cooperative of entrepreneurs, known for our interdisciplinary and innovative approach.